The Park has had to make adjustments this year as we try to remain safe yet still provide a beautiful garden for visitors to enjoy. Due to restrictions of COVID-19, our Patio, Gift Shop and Washrooms are not opening this year. We are not a City of St. Albert park and do not have staff to monitor and sanitize our facilities as necessary if we were to open these areas to visitors. Unfortunately this also has impacted our three events – Canada Day, Garden Day in the Park and Picnic in the Park and we are not proceeding with any of these this year.
Our volunteers have been fortunate that our environment has allowed us to maintain the many garden areas while following rules of social distancing. Please respect their space when they are working.
The number of visitors to the Park has increased tremendously this year and we would like to remind everyone of the following:
– No dogs allowed in the Park (you can walk through our roadway from the front entrance to the Red Willow Trail where dogs are allowed).
– Please dismount your bicycle and walk it through the Park.
– Please refrain from entering the Rose Garden when a wedding ceremony is in progress. In order for us to provide a space for small wedding ceremonies, we must adhere to a limit of 50 when wedding guests are seated in the Rose Garden.
– We are a botanic garden and love when you visit but we are not a play or picnic park and do not have the equipment or space to accommodate these activities. For a City of St. Albert park with facilities you might be looking for, please visit https://stalbert.ca/rec/parks/
– We have many benches throughout the Park … please do not bring in barbecues, tables and chairs when visiting.
– Any large groups or organized tours must contact the office if they wish to visit. We can advise you of the best time or day to visit as we do not want to conflict with paid rental events.
Thank you and please enjoy your visit.