What's Blooming at the Park
Summer is nearing an end and soon our beautiful flowers will be gone. We hope everyone has had the opportunity to visit this year and enjoy a peaceful walk through the Park. Our fall blooming perennials, annuals and dahlias will continue blooming until frost which we hope will not happen to soon.
The number of visitors to the Park has increased tremendously this year and we would like to remind everyone of the following:
- No dogs allowed in the Park (you can walk through our roadway from the front entrance to the Red Willow Trail where dogs are allowed)
- Please dismount your bicycle and walk it through the Park.
- Please refrain from entering the Rose Garden when a wedding ceremony is in progress. Wedding rentals are important to us as they are one of the ways the Park funds its operation and maintenance of the gardens.
- We are a botanic garden and love when you visit but we are not a play or picnic park and do not have the equipment or space to accommodate these activities. For a City of St. Albert park with facilities you might be looking for, please visit https://stalbert.ca/rec/parks/
- Any large groups or organized tours must contact the office if they wish to visit. We can advise you of the best time or day to visit as we do not want to conflict with paid rental events.
Beginning Saturday September 5th, we will be open every Saturday in September from Noon to 4 pm for plant sales We have a small selection of perennials available as well as strawberries, raspberries and chives. Beginning mid-September we will have lily bulbs available on the patio as well as in our online store.
In respect of current COVID-19 provincial regulations and the safety of our volunteers, we ask that you practice social distancing when visiting the Park to purchase plants.
Park Facilities are Currently Closed
Due to the uncertain nature of the COVID-19 situation, our Gift Shop, Patio, John Beedle Volunteer Centre and Washrooms are closed to visitors until further notice. The Park gardens are always open for those who may want to walk through although we ask that you follow public health guidelines of social distancing.
The Park office is open from 9 am to 4 pm thru August 31st. To book a wedding or photography session in the garden, rental in the John Beedle Centre, arrange an appointment or for information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780-458-7163.
Volunteers are out working in their areas and practicing social distancing according to Alberta public health recommendations. Please respect their space as they might not always be aware that a visitor is near them.
With some of our volunteers isolating at home, we are short of help this gardening season. For information on volunteering at the Botanic Park, please contact the office or visit Volunteer Opportunities
Gift Shop & Patio
Our Gift Shop, patio and washrooms are closed until further notice. Opening will depend on COVID and requirements of social distancing. Updates on opening will be posted here.
Thank you to everyone for their support of the Park by purchasing roses and perennials this year. In this uncertain year of COVID-19, we hope that everyone has the opportunity to visit the Park and enjoy the gardens.
The Park is a non-profit charitable organization independently operated and maintained by volunteers on land leased from the City of St. Albert. All funds raised from plant or giftware sales and garden rentals go directly to the gardens for operation and maintenance. With restrictions on our normal fundraising activities this year, we do thank everyone who has made a donation to the Park through our website (Donate here), in person or mailed to our office.