The St. Albert Botanic Park is a beautiful oasis of trees, flowers, and pastoral scenes which makes the perfect place for your marriage ceremony and photographs. The circular Rose Garden, with its beautiful granite fountain and hundreds of fragrant roses blooming in the summertime, is a lovely ceremony venue. The trellis, gazebo and adjacent Shade Garden provide exquisite backdrops for your photographs. A short walk through Crabapple Lane to the Cottage Garden provides many photo opportunities along the way.
The Park provides a beautiful outdoor space to celebrate your wedding and create a memory that will be forever treasured by all those who attend. We do not provide professional photographers, musicians, an officiant or an event or wedding planner with our rentals.
We only book wedding ceremonies outdoor in the Rose Garden from June 1st through the second weekend of September. Saturday wedding ceremonies are booked at pre-set times - 10 am to 1 pm, 2 pm to 5 pm and 6 pm to 9 pm. No wedding receptions are permitted anywhere in the Park.
The maximum capacity in the Rose Garden is 120 people. (Note: This can change and is dependent on current Covid restrictions which will be followed)
Review and signing of SABP’s Rental Agreement, plus a deposit of 50% of the total rental amount and $250 refundable damage deposit are required to confirm a booking.
(your rental will be for 3 hours)
2021 / 2022
$800 Rose Garden
$950 Rose Garden and JBC
$1,025 Rose Garden, JBC and Kitchen
Above prices do not include rental of chairs for your guests in the Rose Garden (outside chair rentals are not permitted).
Chair Rental is $3.25 per chair (volunteers will set up; chair covers are not included).
The time allotted for your rental allows time for your guests to arrive and be seated, your ceremony and photos in the Rose Garden and adjacent areas. There is one hour allowed between rentals for volunteers to set up and remove chairs.
The Park is not closed to visitors during any rental. Signage identifying your event will be placed at each entrance into the Rose Garden and we find visitors to be respectful during ceremonies.
Prices are subject to change without warning. This will not affect current confirmed bookings.
Photography in the Park
Visitors to the Park are permitted to take photos while visiting provided that they respect our garden beds and features; our volunteers working in the Park; and Information as posted below.
Professional or Group Photography
The Park with its many flowers and features is a perfect backdrop for professional engagement, wedding or family photos. If you wish to use the Park for these photos, please contact us to book a one hour photo session (a photographer is not provided). Photography must be booked to avoid conflict with our rentals and your disappointment as we will ask you to leave if you have not booked a time with us.
Please Note: On Saturday and Sunday, there will be no Photo Sessions booked or permitted in the Park. These days are reserved for Wedding Ceremonies that have been booked in the gardens.
Information for all Photographers
Climbing or standing on the Rose Garden Fountain, the Rock Wall and the Water Feature is not allowed. Rocks are slippery and these features were not constructed to support the weight of individuals. We have signs posted to stay off of these features and we ask that you respect them. You will be asked to leave the Park if you are found standing or climbing on any of these features.
As we are a garden with an extensive variety of plant specimens that we wish to protect, we ask that visitors do not walk, stand in or run through the individual flower beds. Please do not set up camera equipment or other items in our flower beds.
The Park is a volunteer operated garden funded by sales in our Gift Shop, rentals and donations. If you have enjoyed your visit or booked a photography session, a donation can be made in our Gift Shop or in the donation box at the entrance to our patio.
John Beedle Centre
The John Beedle Centre (JBC) has a Multi-Purpose Room that is perfect for meetings, presentations or small parties. You can also book access to our kitchen - all caterers welcomed. Our space is available to rent between the hours of 7:00 am and 11:00 pm. Chairs and up to 12 rectangular tables (2.5' x 6') are included with your rental of the Multi-Purpose Room. The capacity of the space is 50 people seated with tables and 60 people seated without tables or standing, no exceptions.
PLEASE NOTE: No bookings are currently being accepted in the JBC due to provincial COVID restrictions regarding indoor gatherings. Please check back in late January 2021.
|Weekday Rate (Monday-Thursday)||$35/hour (minimum 3 hours)|
|Weekend/Holiday (Friday, Saturday & Sunday)||$65/hour (minimum 4 hours)|
|Weekday Daily Rate (8 hours) (Mon-Thurs)||$225 and $35 for each additional hour|
|Weekend/Holiday Daily Rate (8 hours)||$450 and $65 for each additional hour|
Please Note: If you require extra time for set up or decorating, please book an additional hour or hours as necessary.
Prices are subject to change without warning. This will not affect current bookings.
Review and signing of SABP’s Rental Agreement, plus a deposit of 50% of the total rental amount and $200 refundable damage deposit required are required to confirm a booking (Damage deposit in 2021 will be $250)
Guided tours can be booked for groups; please contact us for cost and guide availability.
Book your tour around what you would like to see blooming at the Park:
- Crabapple Lane - gorgeous pink and white blossoms completely cover each tree: mid-May
- Lilac Lane - about 60 lilacs bloom in the West Park; we have the largest collection of lilacs in one location in western Canada: late May to mid-June
- Rose Garden - hybrid tea roses are planted in early spring giving a colourful backdrop to our beautiful new fountain. As the hardy roses begin to bloom, the Rose Garden only becomes more stunning as the summer progresses: late May - late August
- Cottage Garden - at any time during the season visitors can see something blooming among our assortment of perennials. Whether it is a small, shy bleeding heart or a big, bold, blue delphinium, this ever-changing garden is a must-see: mid-May - September
- Peony Bed- large flowers engulf each plant, hinting at the first signs of summer: late June - early JulyShade Garden - an interesting compilation of hardy plants that do not need full exposure to the sun: mid-May - early September
- Asiatic Lily Beds- four beds dedicated just to Asiatic lilies put on quite a show when they are in full bloom: mid-July - mid-August
- Daylily Beds - splashes of colour on these hardy perennials continue throughout the summer: mid June - late August
- Hydrangea Bed - started in 2012 as an experiment to test various kinds of hydrangeas exposed to nearly full sun: late July - mid August
- Dahlia Bed - this breath-taking annual display of a variety of different cultivars will put anyone in a feel-good, summertime mood. Our volunteers plant, care and store the dahlia bulbs every year!: late July - first frost
While you are here don’t forget to check out our new Welcome Garden by the patio, Front Entrance Gardens, Flowering Shrub Bed, Xeriscape Garden, and many more. A Guided Walking Tour brochure is available in the Gift Shop for those wishing to stroll through the Park at their leisure.
For more information or to book your event, please contact the Rental Coordinator. Phone 780-458-7163 or e-mail email@example.com
(Our office is not open on a full time basis from September though April and you may have to leave a message if contacting us by phone.)